Ok. I filed a documentation bug on the two windows modules which are not in
Ansible 1.9.1 (but the docs don't mention that):
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/11220

After some further testing, it appears that the windows modules in the
"core/windows" directory
work ok.  However, the windows modules in the "extras/windows" directory
don't seem to be loading.

Is my search path correct?

$ ansible --version
ansible 1.9.1
  configured module search path = /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/ansible/
modules/core:/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/ansible/modules/extras

-J

On Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 8:51:05 AM UTC-5, Slim Slam wrote:

> I did "sudo pip uninstall ansible"  and then "sudo pip install ansible".
>  Made no difference.
>
> yamllint.com says that my ansible script is valid.
>
> I'm stumped.

> On Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 7:43:33 AM UTC-5, J Hawkesworth wrote:
>>
>> I don't have a mac to try this out on but it seems you aren't picking up
>> your modules.
>>
>> I did a quick search and I found a couple of threads that might be
>> relevant:
>>
>> https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/5412
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ansible-project/Px4DyaHwD3I
>>
>> I suggest
>>
>> 1/ trying a clean ansible installation, if possible
>> 2/ checking your playbook for invalid yaml (use a yaml-aware text editor
>> like notepad++ or www.yamllint.com)
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Jon
>>
>> On Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 1:23:53 PM UTC+1, Slim Slam wrote:
>>>
>>> I think these might be the relevant module directories on my Mac:
>>>
>>> $ ls /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/ansible/modules/core/windows
>>> __init__.py win_feature.ps1 win_get_url.py win_group.pyc win_ping.ps1
>>> win_service.py win_stat.pyc
>>> __init__.pyc win_feature.py win_get_url.pyc win_msi.ps1 win_ping.py
>>> win_service.pyc win_user.ps1