Seeking some best-practice advice about where to store variables within the
following structure:

* multiple inventory folders ./inventory/x, ./inventory/y, ./inventory/z
* inside each inventory folder, combinations of dynamic and static
inventory sources
* inside each inventory folder, environment specific group vars

Currently I am copy-pasting variables common to all of the inventories
(environments) between the all.yml group_vars files.

My question: is there a way to have a 'global' group variables file I can
use for this type of variable?

I know I could source a file with include_vars: at the start of each of the
multiple plays inside the playbooks, but hoped there might be something
more elegant and/or automatic (like group_vars) available. Maybe even a
simple restructure I can't think of.

.
├── inventory
│   ├── aws-dev
│   │   ├── aws-dev
│   │   ├── ec2.ini
│   │   ├── ec2.py
│   │   └── group_vars
│   │       ├── all
│   │       │   ├── all.yml
│   │       │   └── secrets.yml
│   │       ├── security_group_app.yml
│   │       └── security_group_util
│   │           ├── secrets.yml
│   │           └── security_group_util.yml
│   ├── aws-prod
│   │   ├── aws-prod
│   │   └── group_vars
│   │       └── all