I'm using Ansible to provision a machine with Jenkins within a Docker
container

As part of the provisioning process I wait until Jenkins is running and
then download the CLI to continue the provisioning  by executing CLI
commands.
The jar file is being downloaded to the host machine.

I was wondering if this was necessarily the best approach ?
Could the CLI jar be downloaded to my workstation instead and the commands
executed from there?
Could I use Groovy scripts to provision the machine ?
Other suggestions?