Hi Brain,

thanks for the explanation. Here is similar problem we have:
We have a download role which should download something from given
location(web, maven, local).
So when location is maven, I dont want to execute http steps.
But when "when" statement is after include this means that all tasks in
included yml will be executed with it.
But i would like to skip complete yml.
---
- debug: msg="Debug location: {{ location }}"

- include: maven.yml
  when: location == "maven"

- include: http.yml
  when: location == "http"

- include: local.yml
  when: location == "local"

when location is maven i want to completly skip http and local.
I found discussion about this:
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/3324

What would may be help here, would be something like goto statement:
goto: end of the playbook
goto: task="task-name"
goto: exit ansible

With this would be possible to simulate if-else in playbooks.
What do you think about this?

Vlado