Sounds like you're wanting to be able to ssh to a machine based on
it's name instead of it's ip address. DNS is the obvious answer.

If not that, then maybe create an ansible playbook that generates an
/etc/hosts file for your control server based on the servers in the
inventory. Then you can just use the hostname. The downside of that is
you have to re-run the playbook if any IPs change.