I am sadly not a Tower user, yet.  It feels like a memory leak, and I have
installed ansible both on RHEL6.6 via rpm and 7.1 via pip with the same
results.  This is interesting only because I am using default Python
versions 2.6 and 2.7 respectively.

When I get back to work tomorrow I will report my Python and ansible
versions more specifically.

I suppose I can play with this too:
https://us.pycon.org/2014/schedule/presentation/165/

I have played with the ansible python module seeing the same results, so I
started presenting the inventory in chunks of 10 servers at a time.
Knowing that I can break it in Python code is good news.  I just have to
learn how to trace memory allocation in Python.  Learning anything in
Python is always fun work for me.

Thanks for responding so dang quick!