I'm trying to limit job runs to specific machines. The Ansible inventory in
Tower has the concept of groups within groups, which is convenient, but I
cannot find out how to use that in the "Limit" field during job template
creation to do something more specific than choosing top-level groups. To
be clear, I do not want to use multiple groups. Instead, I want to select a
very specific group of machines that exist within the scope of a larger
group governing the environment of an application. I saw a presentation
with a neat trick at the recent Ansible conference in SF, and want to try
to apply it to my work.

I essentially want to apply limiting for an inventory structure as shown in:

http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/intro_inventory.html#groups-of-groups-and-group-variables

I'd like to be able to limit a job template run to a pattern like: App ->
Specific purpose. It would be better if inventories could be chosen at
run-time so that I won't end up with templates prefixed by their targeted
environment, but I guess that is a gripe for another day.