Originally, I was containing my vars within the roles, but after realizing
that those vars override everything else, instead, I only populate the
default/main.yml with vars inside the roles, just so things don't error,
and define everything else in my main group_vars.

So, in my setup, when I have vars that are global, I put them in
group_vars/all/*, then label them if there is more than one option.

e.g.
#file: group_vars/all/nfs_servers
---
nfs_exports: