I am leaning Ansible but it's close.

Looking for peoples opinions.

So far I prefer Ansible's serverless design doing everything over ssh with
keys.  I tries salt-ssh but it's quite rudimentary in comparison.  If
salt-ssh let me use pillars data instead of a roster file  to access
servers it would be a lot more useful.  Having to create a separate roster
file which is no where near as full featured as Ansibles inventory file
makes salt-ssh a non-starter.

Ansible is slower than using a salt minion agent but I don't think that
will be an issue for me.

I have a problem with Ansibles messy directory/file structure though.
 Stuff is kind of all over the place.  Seems like a lot of things have been
bolted on and it shows.  Salt seems more streamlined in that respect.  Also
appears that Salt has a more logical and consistent syntax for sls files.
 I think it is more powerful how it uses Jinja and the ability to write
more programming oriented scripts although not sure if I will every need
that.