Awesome, I'd be happy to discuss. The modules I pointed to at the separate
github spot came in to being only over the last year or so. I didn't have a
place to put them publicly until the f5networks github account came about.

Hopefully, in time, they will find their way into the upstream product and
I can remove this side-band repository we currently have. I'm more
interested in being part of ansible's workflow than maintaining a separate
one.

I share your same concerns. To the best extent I can, the modules in that
repo are idempotent. They do not have a corresponding check-mode, but I
agree this is a needed addition. Finally, where I have been unsure about
how to implement an interface, I have punted and looked at existing
modules. That's why you see some of those parameters named the way they
are. I've just used existing modules as references.

For example,

http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/user_module.html
http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/mysql_user_module.html
http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/postgresql_user_module.html

Also I've tried to add REST and SOAP interfaces if similar functionality
exists in each. It helps test those interfaces on my end and future-proofs
these modules in the (unlikely) event that one of the interfaces gets
deprecated.

I'll send a PR to upstream for the bigip_command module. If there are any
others you would like to see sooner rather than later, lemme know.

My initial work has been around more of the bootstrapping portions of the
process as apparently that's not an entirely clear process. I've been
cycling through virtual editions like its going out of style too, so to
start with bootstrapping just seemed to fit (if your standing them up and
tearing them down all day...why not automate it...)

Moving forward I'm honestly open to suggestion. If you think a specific set
of functionality would best be encapsulated in a role or module, let's have
that discussion and see what comes of it.

Feel free to ping me off list, or reach out on DevCentral or on github.

Thanks!
-tim