Hello,

When creating multi-line variables, I would often use the following
technique to insert tabs in ansible 1.x:

myvar: |
 {{'\t'}}one
 {{'\t'}}two
 {{'\t'}}three

This would result in the 3 lines being indented by a tab character in the
resulting file. However this does not seem to work in ansible 2.x - the
literal \t characters get written to the file rather than expanded to a tab.

If I try to directly insert tab characters in the variable itself, I get a
YAML syntax error due to the extra indentation on the line right after the
variable name:

myvar: |
     one
     two
     three

What does appear to work is to add an empty character on the beginning of
that first line, and then follow it with the tab:

myvar: |
     two
     three

This works but distorts the formatting of the variable and is hard to read.
How can I correctly denote tab characters in multi-line variables in
ansible 2.x?

Thanks,

Andrew