Hello,

I have two machines both running ansible 2.0.0.2 on Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS. On
one machine ( my work machine )
the yaml file works well while on the deployment server it throws an error
"ERROR! failed to combine variables, expected dicts but got a 'dict' and a
'AnsibleUnicode'"

---

- hosts: docker_staging
  vars:
  - domain: abc.de
  - web_port: 8008
  - identifier: abc
  - instance: web
  - image_suffix: -web
  - enc_key: 0x0
  tasks:
  - include: tasks/deploy.yaml

There is a group_vars/docker_staging.yaml which contains some variables:

---
nginx_blacklist: yes
nginx_servers:
- {
    server_name: abc.de,
    db_name: sta_abc,
    db_pass: password,
    db_user: abc_user,
    db_host: "db.abc.de",
    listen: 80,
    ssl: off,
    proxy_pass: "localhost:8001",
    additionals: [
      "client_max_body_size 200M;"
    ]
  }

This worked well on my machine but has thrown the above error on the
deployment server. However, when I change the main.yaml to use include_vars
and rename group_vars to something
else it works:

---

- hosts: docker_staging
  vars:
  - domain: abc.de
  - web_port: 8008
  - identifier: abc
  - instance: web
  - image_suffix: -web
  - enc_key: 0x0
  tasks:
  - include_vars: application_vars/docker_staging.yaml
  - include: tasks/deploy.yaml

This is odd behaviour. Any help on this?

Kind regards,
Sascha