HI All,
First post and we are looking to implement Ansible into a new cloud
environment for multiple legacy systems.

Sorry but there is a bit of a story first and this is more a
setup/component architecture question as we have a security constraint that
production and non-production data centers can never talk to each other.
Meaning components such as version control and configuration management
have to have two instances (prod and non-prod) with separate login's etc
and syncing taking place between them.

I think this is mad, and have managed to talk them down to have only one
version control instance.

However, compromise was a prod and non prod Ansible, which we can sort of
justify, as we have a lack of maturity with tools as we are just starting
to implement Ansible.

Do others have experience in running two instances of Ansible, and keeping
common config in sync?

eg:
1. One source repository for Ansible config containing both prod and
non-prod config
2. Two source repository's for Ansible config, one prod and one non-prod
config

Any steer's appreciated.

Cheers
Byron