Glad increasing the quota got you going on S 2012.

You can manually apply the hotfix, although my prefered way of getting
round it was to upgrade to Windows Management Framework 4.0 (which includes
powershell 4) if that's an option for you.  I think there's an msi or msu
to run to install it - I'm not actually using 2008 any more.

You can see if you have the hotfix installed by running the powershell
command

Get-Hotfix

 - see https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh849836.aspx

Hope this helps,