I have a simple problem. I'm pushing up a tarball with the unarchive
module, and the dest setting is pointing to a large volume. However it
unarchive module pushes the file to the remote_tmp dir 1st. This is on
/home be default, however /home isnt big enough to take the tarball  on the
system machine image. The copy module also has the same problem. Altering
the remote_tmp variable in the .cfg file is easy enough, however this then
affects everything on the ansible system, and will break other things.
Therefore I need to be able to set this variable on the fly in the role, or
worst case the play. However all my attempts seem to get ignored.

I have tried the following on the cli