During the last weeks I played around with salt-stack.

Salt reminds me of the programming language "prolog"
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolog> we learned at university. Yes, I can
think that way.

But I am unsure if I want to think that way.

My brains somehow prefers the step1, step2, step3 ... approach. Defining a
big
net of dependencies might be academically correct way. But on the other hand
I am a human, and prefer the easy way (not because I am lazy, but because
I think if you loose the joy, then I won't get the things done).

Is there anyone using ansible who has worked with salt, too?

What do you think?

Is ansible more "easy"?

My background: I use linux servers since 1996 and do programming (first C,
then Python) since years.
... but I am new to configuration management.

Regards,
  Thomas Güttler