Hi,

I'm a former Chef user and recently gave Ansible a try because of its
lightweight and agentless approach.
I'm wondering how I should structure my inventories to meet my requirements:

1.
I have different customers for whom I manage a certain number of servers.

2.
Customers are distributed over different ISPs so that there's a need for
grouping those customer systems to apply ISP-specific settings (think of a
network-config role which assigns specific DNS servers regarding to the ISP the
server is hosted by).

3.
The customers have mostly the same software on their systems (LAMP stacks, Java
stacks, Mailservers) so that I want to share mostly all roles for all customers.

So I started to create an inventory per customer and group the servers by their
individual purpose, e.g.: [lamp-servers].

But know I've no clue where to group those servers by ISPs.

I'd like to be able to run ansible-playbook for all hosts regardless of its
purpose to e.g. apply the specific ISP-related network stuff.

Any hints?

Yves