I'm trying to understand variable precedence in Ansible - more exactly the
part about host_vars and group_vars in inventory or playbook. My layout
looks like this:

production/
├── inventory (alfa, beta and gamma hosts)
├── group_vars/
│   └── all (foo=1)
└── host_vars/
    └── alfa (foo=2)
playbooks/
├── site.yml (debuging variable foo)
├── group_vars/
│   └── all (foo=10)
└── host_vars/
    └── beta (foo=20)

So I have three nodes (alfa, beta and gamma) and foo variable. When I start
a play I get this result:

alfa's foo=2
beta's foo=20
gamma's foo=10

According to documentation
<http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/playbooks_variables.html#variable-precedence-where-should-i-put-a-variable>

the precedence should be following:

   1. inventory group_vars
   2. inventory host_vars
   3. playbook group_vars
   4. playbook host_vars

But my result looks like the precedence is following:

   1. inventory group_vars
   2. playbook group_vars
   3. inventory host_vars
   4. playbook host_vars

Did I misunderstand something? Or is it a mistake in documentation? I'm
using Ansible 2.0.1. but same is true for 1.9.3.