I have a custom hostvar called server_dependson defined in my inventory.
The thinking is that each server will have a server it is dependent on.
Therefore when running updates and rebooting (Windows servers) I want to be
able to specify that certain servers be updated and rebooted based on
dependency.

My initial thought was to have a nested loop, outer loop with
inventory_hostname and inner with server_dependson. Within the loop it
would compare the server_dependson with the current inventory_hostname from
the outer loop. If it matched then it would add the inventory_hostname to a
list after the server it depended on. This way at the end of the loops I
would have a sorted list of servers to feed to tasks in the list's order.

Any ideas about how to achieve this?