I'm having the exact same problem on 2.0.1. In my case I'm including a
playbook from the main.yml file of a role. Is that what you're doing?
It doesn't matter what you put in the hosts variable even if it is in jinja
format it won't work:
Option 1:
main.yaml

- include:auxiliary_playbook.yml
  vars:
    host_ip: {some_vm.ip}

auxiliary_playbook.yml

hosts: {{host_ip}}

Error:
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"failed": true, "reason": "Syntax Error
while loading YAML.\n\n\nThe error appears to have been in '/path_to/
auxiliary_playbook.yml': line 1, column 11, but may\nbe elsewhere in the
file depending on the exact syntax problem.\n\nThe offending line appears
to be:\n\n\n- hosts: {{host_ip}}\n          ^ here\nWe could be wrong, but
this one looks like it might be an issue with\nmissing quotes.  Always
quote template expression brackets when they\nstart a value. For
instance:\n\n    with_items:\n      - {{ foo }}\n\nShould be written
as:\n\n    with_items:\n      - \"{{ foo }}\"\n"}

Option 2:
main.yaml

- include:auxiliary_playbook.yml

auxiliary_playbook.yml

hosts: tag_Name_my_vm

Error:
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"failed": true, "reason": "no action
detected in task. This often indicates a misspelled module name, or
incorrect module path.\n\nThe error appears to have been in '/path_to/
auxiliary_playbook.yml': line 1, column 3, but may\nbe elsewhere in the
file depending on the exact syntax problem.\n\nThe offending line appears
to be:\n\n\n- hosts:\n  ^ here\n"}

Both options work if they are run independently from the include.