Ansible is most decidedly *not* supported or tested under cygwin (or any
mechanism under Windows except a Linux VM, currently). Cygwin's fork()
syscall is unstable (even by their own admission
<https://www.cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-fork-failures>), so you
*will* run into issues and heisenbugs, even more so under 2.0+ where we're
making extensive use of fork() behavior that's more likely to break under
Cygwin.

Ansible *may* at some point be supported under the new Bash/Ubuntu on
Windows stuff in Win10 (because their fork() is actually functional), but
even there things are not working 100% yet.

As the "Windows Guy" at Ansible, nothing would make me happier than to have
full Windows support for running the controller on my favorite OS, but
there are major technical hurdles to doing so reliably, which is the reason
we don't.

*Please* don't run the Ansible controller for anything real on Windows.
*Please*. :)

Love,

Matt Davis
Ansible Core Engineering (The Windows Guy)