Your best option would probably be workload partitions if you wanted to run
multiple instances on one lpar. The PDP link included wpars on the power7+
reservation, so that might be something to look at.

I am not surprised that IBM are willing to provide LPARs for functional testing
and development work. After all the more apps that run on AIX the more likely
they are to be able to keep selling it.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-wpar61aix/