Sounds like my ansible setup is rather different from yours, but I have
wound up with a handful of config files for each environment - ones that
configure connections to hosts I always keep separate from 'business' type
vars.

I don't know if using the add_host module
http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/add_host_module.html might help you to
create a bunch of windows hosts, then add them to a windows group so they
get the right vars when you try to connect to them.

Hope this helps

Jon