Hi Joanna,

Thanks for your post, I just tried your suggestion but still isn't
working.  But you pointed me in the right direction.  I was running
ec2_facts as a local action which was incorrect and using a tripple debug
flag I noticed that aws_access_key and aws_secret_key were null, seems kind
of dump having to set them up as variables for ec2_vol to work, but after
doing that but it worked, bellow how I end up doing it

---
# tasks file for cassandra
  - name: gather ec2 facts
    action: ec2_facts
    register: ec2_facts

    - debug: var=ec2_facts

  - name: Add volume for cassandra nodes
    action:
       module: ec2_vol
       instance: "{{ ansible_ec2_instance_id }}"
       volume_size: 50
       volume_type: gp2
       region: us-east-1
       device_name: /dev/xvdb