On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 08:30:34PM -0700, David Li wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am relatively new to Ansible. I need to use Ansible from a dev laptop to
> set up some servers (both Ubuntu and Centos) that are isolated without any
> Internet access. The laptop has Internet access for development and it can
> ssh into these servers.

Usually with servers in a protected setup without direct access you have
internal repository servers, that will carry the packages for your servers.

But you could fire up such a repository on your own laptop and configure the
servers to connect to your laptop. For RPM based distributions like CentOS
have a look into the createrepo command. "createrepo --update ." inside a
directory containing an rpm file will create the necessary infrastructure.

If you expose this directory using a webserver you're all done. Now you can
use ansibles yum_repository command like:

- name: Add repository
  yum_repository:
   name: my_laptops_repository
   baseurl: http://my_laptop.example.com/pub/repository

And you are ready and setup to install software from this ..

For a one shot operation this may be possible, but for larger setups I would
recommend to install a repository server that your servers can connect to.

Btw. for debian packages for Ubuntu this would work in similar ways. Ansible
has an apt_repository module for a longer time than the yum_repository one.

Regards,
Marcus