On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 11:21:17PM +0200, Kai Stian Olstad wrote:

> Thanks Matt, I don't see it, but I now why now. I use the add-on NoScript in
> Firefox, and have it to disable all 3rd party javascript.
>
> Enabled the javascript and tested the search, but I like the built in Sphinx
> search more, so I'll keep building my own documentation.

For Mac users there is the great dash tool for offline reading:
https://kapeli.com/dash

For Linux users there is Zeal, which is a reimplementation that uses the dash
docsets:
http://zealdocs.org/

Dash and Zeal download the docsets for offline usage to your local computer.
Dash even can work with multiple versions of a docset. Sadly Zeal isn't as
sophisticated as Dash but still a very usefull tool.

Marcus