On 03.10.2016 12:28, Mona Gopal wrote:
I am facing a similar issue.
I have non-root access to a server to which i am able to connect manually. But ansible throws "to use the 'ssh' connection type with passwords, you
must install the sshpass program" error when i execute the playbook.
My hosts file contains the ip address and credentials to login to that
server in the below format
ip ansible_ssh_user="non-root-user" ansible_ssh_pass="password"

Is it necessary to install sshpass on the remote node as well??
I do not have root access, so how do i go about it?

Not on the remote node, but you need sshpass on your Ansible control machine.

--
Kai Stian Olstad