I have a large number of out of band hardware (IBM IMM, routers owned
by other groups, Dracs (which will be ansibled soon), and similar odd
things) which I need to keep track of for various other software like
nagios and maybe DNS configs. Since I keep all the other hosts in the
ansible inventory files I thought that I could use that, but I
realized that this causes problems when master playbooks and such are
run which cause items in the inventory to be 'hit'. I wondered if
there was some sort of ansible_connect=none flag but realized that is
probably not what the inventory file is meant for (even if it would
have been convenient to me).

The other  is to create a variable which lists all of these hosts and
then just update that when needed versus 3-4 other places. However I
wanted to see if people had a method that I was missing after going
through the first 2 pages of google search. How do people keep track
of hardware that they may need for configurations that may not be
ansibled itself?

--
Stephen J Smoogen.