Hi Jon,
        I need to use this method since i need to work with multiple VMware
products like vCenter, vCloud Director, VCNS etc.
I believe there are no modules yet for vCloud Director and VCNS. Kindly
suggest if there are alternatives.

For my issue here is what i did.
The powercli version on the host that was running fine was 6.0 Release 1.
In the new host i remove the latest powercli which is 6.5 Release 1 and
installed 6.0 Release 1.
It started working.

I checked that 6.0 has both snapin's as well as modules. In 6.5 we only
have modules (VMware migrated from snapins to modules)
I'm not sure but probably Ansible needs snapin's in order to work.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Regards,
Rajesh