I was thinking about possibly using vars in the yaml to deduce what the
prefix list actually is.

Like, if it's possible to do a  var where pl-123456 can be deduced by
describing it in AWS cli, then substituting it in. Thanks for the response,
now I don't feel like a small island :)

Daniel Girard, CISSP AWS-ASA
571-271-6811