The Ansible documentation says "you can also use multiple inventory
files at the same time" but, AFAIK, that isn't entirely accurate.
If you give the '-i' flag a directory, then any inventory files under
that directory are indeed used, which is nice. However, what if you
want to use several inventory files that are *not* under a specific
parent directory? For example, maybe you want to use /etc/ansible/hosts
and ~/ansible/my_inventory. From what I can see, this isn't currently
possible. Is this correct?

I would think it would be nice if the '-i' option were changed to
accept multiple directories. I know you can currently give multiple
comma-separated hosts so maybe a different character would be used
to separate directories.

What do you think?

Cordially,
Jon Forrest