Hello.

I'm looking around for a best practice tutorial or document that describes
how to configure our ansible server to deploy our applications to about 20
servers at a time.  We call this group of servers a track.  We have a
growing number of tracks.

So I got Ansible installed but now I want to know how best to deploy keys
to the 20 remote hosts.  How do I automate the secure deployment of ssh
keys to these hosts?

I see notes about how to set up user security for remote hosts but those
are, as far as I can tell, assuming initial connectivity has been
established.

Also, one of my work mates indicates that a secure remote host should have
a user (ansible perhaps?) with restricted access that can only execute
specific commands.  I assume this happens by configuring the sudoers file.
 If we go there, it seems I need to allow specific applications like yum,
python, file copies, etc for the ansible user.

So it seems to be a chicken and egg problem and now we're back to lots of
pre-configuring each agentless host so that I can deploy apps and configs
from a central ansible server.

How is everyone dispensing ssh keys and setting up ansible users so that we
can have a secure and a not too tedious set up process.

BTW, our setup is mainly Redhat 6.x and 7.

Thanks in advance for any tips,
Chris.