Some apps are like that - which makes them very bad candidates for software
deployment / config management systems in general.

Slack has a special "bootstrap installer" which you can use. This
essentially launches the "regular" slack installer when a user logs in. You
should be able to use this installer with
win_package:
https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/212475728-Deploy-Slack-via-Microsoft-Installer