On Wed, 12 Jul 2017, Rod Oliver wrote:

Sorry about the late response. I was wondering how well used they are, how
stable and reliable the modules are considered to be. The background is
that my organisation is looking for a solution to migrate ACI provisioning
and I'd like to advocate Ansible as a possibility but would like to get a
bit of a sense on what others' experience and thoughts on Ansible ACI
module, particularly since the my organisation's environment is an
enterprise and needs some prodding before considering an open source
solution such as Ansible and to add to that a 3rd party module.

Hi Rod,

Did not see your mail earlier.

These modules were used by various Cisco customers already, but despite that they work there are a few problems:

 - Not idempotent
 - Not declarative
 - Require CobraSDK (specific to your software levels)
 - Not upstream

We are now working to fix all of this. You can find a list of things we have done, and plan to do at:

    https://github.com/ansible/community/wiki/Network:-ACI

Our aim is to have these modules upstream in v2.4 (but whether that will happen depends on the project).

One thing is certain though, Ansible v2.4 will ship with aci_rest, and that module provides access to everything within ACI through the REST interface (without the need for CobraSDK). This is incredibly powerful already, but not as user-friendly as the individual modules available at:

    https://github.com/datacenter/aci-ansible

If you have any questions, or are interested to help improve these modules, just let me know.

Kind regards,
--
Dag