Unsetting it is a possibility or finding where the proxy is getting set in
your profile in the first place and removing it from there.  I previously
attempted to have a task to unset the proxy during each run but it didn't
work.  Turns out ansible uses whatever environment that it initially starts
with.

In my situation, we had multiple users running ansible against windows
servers.  That's why I found it best to just change the transport.py.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/ansible-project/klebolt%7Csort:relevance/ansible-project/iIsAbZTBubI/duAuT_jKBAAJ

On Monday, August 21, 2017 at 3:39:04 AM UTC-5, J Hawkesworth wrote:

> Ah sorry I had misunderstood, so you wanted _not_ to use your http proxy
> to connect to winrm.
>
> I am wondeing if, instead of modifying pywinrm's transport.py you could
> get it to work by unsetting
> unset HTTP_PROXY
> unset HTTPS_PROXY
> in your ./bashrc (or before running ansible)?
>
> This might be preferable otherwise you would have to make the change again
> if pywinrm gets upgraded.
> Jon
>

> On Monday, August 21, 2017 at 8:39:15 AM UTC+1, Aleksander Lipka wrote:
>>
>> Thanks a lot Mike!!
>> Your suggestion works,
>> the .bashrc shortcut didn't work, but then I changed session.trust_env =
>> True to False in transport.py and ansible made the connection.
>>

>> W dniu piątek, 18 sierpnia 2017 16:20:27 UTC+2 użytkownik Mike Klebolt
>> napisał:
>>>
>>> Hi Aleksander,
>>>
>>> Try adding no_proxy=<server IP> to your ~/.bashrc and reload it.  If you
>>> will be working with many windows servers in the future, a more permanent
>>> solution that worked for me is the following...
>>>
>>> 1. Locate transport.py that comes with pywinrm
>>> 2. modify the following line session.trust_env to make it false.
>>> 125         # configure proxies from HTTP/HTTPS_PROXY envvars
>>> 126 #        session.trust_env = True