Hi,

I am trying to control a windows 2016 server host using Ansible control
machine( CentOS)

I followed the steps mentioned
in http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/intro_windows.html#id18

But I ran into issues and need help

Steps I followed.

1) Setup Ansible Controller machine in CentOS
2) Installed pip install "pywinrm>=0.2.2"
3) Installed pip install pywinrm[credssp]
4) Set up group_vars/windows.yml on my Ansible controller machine with
contents as below

ansible_user: Administrator
ansible_password: *RandomePassword*
ansible_port: 5985
ansible_winrm_scheme: http
ansible_connection: credssp
# The following is necessary for Python 2.7.9+ (or any older Python that
has backported SSLContext, eg, Python 2.7.5 on RHEL7) when using default
WinRM self-signed certificates:
ansible_winrm_server_cert_validation: ignore

5) Setup Windows host as per this
link
http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/intro_windows.html#windows-system-prep

6) I ran command to test connection and I got error as shown below.

root@MycentOS # ansible [*windowsIP]* -m ping
*windowsIP* | FAILED! => {
    "failed": true,
    "msg": "the connection plugin 'credssp' was not found"
}

Can you please let me know what is going wrong.

Thanks,
Vishnu