I have about 1500 guests under management, most of which are windows.  A
few guests are not accepting connections from Ansible.  Looking at their
WinRM configurations they are set to listen on all IPs for the WinRM
listener, their windows firewalls have exceptions for 5986, but when I do a
netstat they're not actually listening on their base IP.  Some are
listening to all other IPs except that base IP, other times if there's just
a loopback and a base IP they're only showing results in netstat for the
loopback.  Has anyone seen anything like this?

Example:

PS C:\Users> winrm e winrm/config/listener
Listener
    Address = *
    Transport = HTTP
    Port = 5985
    Hostname
    Enabled = true
    URLPrefix = wsman
    CertificateThumbprint
    ListeningOn = 10.11.XXX.XXX, 127.0.0.1, ::1

Listener
    Address = *
    Transport = HTTPS
    Port = 5986
    Hostname = true
    Enabled = true
    URLPrefix = wsman
    CertificateThumbprint = CENSORED
    ListeningOn = 10.11.XXX.XXX, 127.0.0.1, ::1

Yet when I do a netstat -nao | findstr 5986 I get:

PS C:\Users> netstat -nao | findstr 5986
  TCP    0.0.0.0:5986           0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING       4
  TCP    [::]:5986              [::]:0                 LISTENING       4