Friends:

Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

I am writing a playbook do the following on 6 tomcat servers.

a. start tomcat
b. wait for the app to come up on
http://localhost:8080/tellMyVersion/version.jsp
c. complete the play run after the above steps.

I can start tomcat which is not a problem.  I use the service module.

I currently (without ansible) use the following script to test curl -sk -m
600 -w "\n" 'http://localhost:8080/tellMyVersion/version.jsp'

It works fairly well since I am giving 10 min for curl to time out and that
url I have put responds in about 7 or 8 mins. (worst case timings)

The output of the curl command is something like (gives out the version of
the app installed)

3.9.21

With Ansible I want to be able to do this

On batch tomcat the curl comes back in 4 mins
On webtier tomcat the curl comes back in 6 mins
On backend tomcat the curl takes the longest at 8 mins.

I want to be able to loop thru each of them run the curl command get the
output and if no response wait.  If I get response I want to go to the next
server and check that.

I am not sure how to be in a loop going from one tomcat to another based on
the output.

Please help.

-N