On 07. nov. 2017 20:12, EspressoBeanies wrote:
> Is it possible to modify local files while targeting a remote system in an
> Ansible YAML file? I'm trying to run an Ansible script on a remote machine,
> but when everything finishes on that remote machine, I'd like to move that
> hostname from one Ansible hosts file to another. Is it possible and if so,
> could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

On all task you can use delegate_to[1] and that task will run on the delegated
machine.
So "delegate_to: localhost" will run on local machine and not on the remote
host.

To change a file you have the lineinfile module or the template module.

[1] https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/playbooks_delegation.html#delegation

--
Kai Stian Olstad