Sorry of the subject is not very descriptive. Let me be more explicit here

I have a role that installs a piece of software at version N. this role by
default open ports number x and y in the firewall. This list of ports is
defined in <role>/default/main.yml

Now I want to install version N+1 of the same software and version N+1
requires ports x, y and z to be open in the firewall but other than that,
everything remains the same

I am not sure what the best practice is here

Of course, I am asking because  would like to avoid to create a role for
each version of the software just because the list of ports changes

How do you guys generally address this type of question

Thank you
Christophe