Hello,

I'm trying to automate the installation of Visual Studio, and I am using
the unattended installation command provided by Microsoft:

vs_community.exe --installPath C:\minVS --add
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.CoreEditor --quiet --norestart

Running this command from the target machine directly works fine and VS is
installed but when using the Ansible win_shell command
which should be equivalent it doesn't work and the installation just
hangs.Task manager displays that the process is running in the background
but it doesn't install

below is what my playbook looks like.

---

- hosts: win

  tasks:
     - name: Install VS
       win_shell: C:\Users\vagrant\Desktop\vs_community.exe
--installPath C:\Users\vagrant\Desktop\VS --add
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.CoreEditor --quiet --norestart

       register: result

    - debug:
          var: result

Can anyone tell me why Ansible's win_shell module doesn't run the command
like when run on the target machine directly.

Thanks in advance.