A couple of  clarifications, these are important when you hit the
corner case in which it matters:

- its not 'run on the first host in play/inventory' its 'run on the
first host that reaches the task' which means that hosts that fail
and/or are removed in previous tasks are not considered. Normally (in
the absence of failure) this does mean the first host in
play/inventory, changing to other strategies can affect this.

- it is 'mostly' equivalent to `when: inventory_hostname ==
ansible_play_batch.0` but there is one major difference, other hosts
are not 'skipped', they are all given the same status/return from the
single execution.

The feature should really be named
'only_first_host_tries_to_run_and_applies_status_to_rest'.  To make it
work as 'run_first_host_that_matches_when' would make the part of
applying the status to all hosts a lot more difficult to do sanely ...
do we set 'skipped' for the ones we skipped? do we set same status for
all hosts?

At this point I don't see us modifying the feature (maybe clarifying
docs?), but I'm open to create a new set of keywords that allows for
the difference in range of behaviors not already available via
conditional construction.