From: ansible-project@googlegroups.com <ansible-project@googlegroups.com> On
Behalf Of Jordan Borean
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 5:18 PM
To: Ansible Project <ansible-project@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [ansible-project] Re: Installing Java JRE on windows 2016 core

Hi

Without actually seeing the server itself I can't give you much but a quick
Google search shows there is some compatibilities with the JRE and JDK
resulting in the rc of 1603
https://www.ghacks.net/2015/06/26/fixing-java-update-did-not-complete-error-code-1603/.
 I've only installed the JDK before but the JRE should be similar, you don't
need to use a batch file, something like this should work

- name: template out JRE install config
  win_template:
    src: jre-install.cfg
    dest: jre-install.cfg  # better if you used the absolute path here and below

- name: install Java JRE
  win_command: jre-8u112-x64.exe INSTALLCFG=jre-install.cfg

I have no idea with the install.cfg format should be but it needs to at least
specify that the installer is run in silent or quiet mode with no prompts or
else it will hang forever. Whether that is implicit or needs to be explicit I'm
not sure.

Thanks

Jordna

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/c3ff1f89-df8c-4151-9f20-66276cee58b4%40googlegroups.com