cleanmgr is probably waiting for window to display progress, but winrm has
no window available so that's probably why it hangs

See
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28852786/automate-process-of-disk-cleanup-cleanmgr-exe-without-user-intervention

You might be able to use something like this, but I haven't tried it myself

Start-Process -FilePath CleanMgr.exe -ArgumentList '/sagerun:1' -WindowStyle
Hidden -Wait

or perhaps

Start-Process -FilePath CleanMgr.exe -ArgumentList '/sagerun:1' -NoNewWindow
-Wait