We have a task in our Ansible based deploy which performs formatting of
HDFS using the hdfs dfs -format command.

This command causes a MemoryError.  We can see that there is a Python
process on the target box which gobbles up ~32GB of memory and then the
failure occurs.

How can we troubleshoot this further?

Also, any ideas/recommendations on how to manage Ansible's memory usage?
I'm peeking into ansible_memtotal_mb... any config settings to look at or
adjust?

Thanks,
- Dmitry