Closing and locking a discussion while holding a self-righteous attitude
gave me an extremely sour taste in my mouth.

I raised a concern[1] about a bug fix that changed behavior in a stable
release when that behavior has been common place for years. Instead of
wishing to discuss the thought process about introducing such changes in
stable releases I'm greeted with boilerplate followed by a lock of the
issue with no reason. I interpreted this as a slap in the face and a "we
don't want your contributions" metaphor. Even if none of that was intended
that is how it came across. Instead of locking the issue a simple "hey,
lets continue this on the mailing list" would have sufficed and even a
"hey, I'm locking this so we can continue in a proper forum" would have
been a friendly redirection.

Can we be more considerate in the future? We're all working towards making
Ansible better.

Thanks,
Michael

[1] https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/54180