You could run a "shell" command and register the output to a variable using
a command something like the following:

echo $((($(date +%s) - $(date +%s -r "$filename")) / 86400))

Alternatively, you could develop a action_plugin
<https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/plugins/action.html> that could
accept the filename as a parameter and perform the logic in python by first
calling the stat
<https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/modules/stat_module.html> module
on the file as it also returns the last modification time of the file via
mtime.