Hey,

I've been pulling my hair out over what seems like a relatively simple task
for hours now.

I've working on playbook for an Elasticsearch deployment.  One requirement
for this is a config file item that is effectively just a comma separated
list of hostnames or IP's of  nodes.

e.g.

discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: ["hostname1", "hostname2", "hostname3"]

Functionally at this point I would want to generate an output here that
would effective append the bellow registered variable:

node_masters: [" "{{ansible_hostname (FIRST GROUP MEMBER) }}",
"{{ansible_hostname (SECOND GROUP MEMBER) }}", "{{ansible_hostname (THIRD
GROUP MEMBER) }}"

The current j2 template for the config file uses a to_nice_yaml filter for
the es_config variable

{% if es_config %}
{{ es_config | to_nice_yaml }}
{% endif %}

I just want to get to a point where i can basically just feed in my
theorical node_masters var to the es_config part of the play like bellow:

es_config:
      network.host: "{{ ansible_fqdn }}"
      cluster.name: "lab-cluster"
      *discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: {{ node_masters }}*
      discovery.zen.minimum_master_nodes: 1
      http.port: 9200
      node.data: true
      node.master: true