Hi Jordan

Looking at the following documentation

https://www.bloggingforlogging.com/2018/01/24/demystifying-winrm/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/scripting/learn/remoting/winrmsecurity?view=powershell-6

And the environment which is purely Windows Server 2016 (No domain)
with LmCompatibilityLevel set to 5, does this hold true when using the
currently available PyWinRM version when used with Windows Targets?

"Regardless of the transport protocol used (HTTP or HTTPS), PowerShell
Remoting always encrypts all communication after initial authentication
with a per-session AES-256 symmetric key."

Since it will be quite a while before Kerberos and certificates will be
available in the environment, is this basically the best that can be done
for now? The password length is well above 8 characters, in addition.

I am also not sure how to classify the NTLMv2 Session Security as described
here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/technet-magazine/cc160954(v=msdn.10)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/security-policy-settings/network-security-minimum-session-security-for-ntlm-ssp-based-including-secure-rpc-servers

The first article is a bit dated, but is Session Security used with NTLMv2
with an environment that has LmCompatibilityLevel set to 5? And if yes, how
does the 128-bit encryption fit in? Is this baked in?

And since as per Windows 10 10.0.14393 or v1607 the NT Hashes have changed
to AES-128, does this in any way influence the NTLMv2 Response?

https://www.insecurity.be/blog/2018/01/21/retrieving-ntlm-hashes-and-what-changed-technical-writeup/

Sorry if some questions are stupid, but I looked at like 50+ pages and just
cant find all answers.

Kind Regards

Lukas