So, if I understand you correctly there is no feature to abort the entire
playbook run incase of a single error encountered?
The only solution that seems; is to have a when condition check on every tasks
of a playbook.

The ansible documentation in this regards have been questioned in the past and
seems confusing.

Documentation says: The any_errors_fatal play option will mark all hosts as
failed if any fails, causing an immediate abort:

Now, if you look at my output any_errors_fatal does not mark all hosts as
failed if the first one errors out; but checks explicitly for all hosts and all
tasks. Sadly, There is no immediate abort!!